Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Argentina is Great!

We have been staying in a cabaña in Alta Gracia, which is near Cordoba, for a week and a half. It’s been easier now that we have two cell phones so that if one of us is one place and another is in another place, we can contact each other. The cabaña is quite nice, but the creek that we’re staying next to, has leeches, so that prevents us from swimming in it. However, there’s a park close by where there’s a bike-jumping course, and I’ve just made a new friend, named José, who has an extra bike I can use. I slipped today on the course, but didn’t get too badly hurt.

I’ve been writing a story in my spare time and think I should post it. It’s not completely done, I’ve only finished chapter one. (Hey, that rhymes) Well, here it is, what I have of it:

The Falcon

A long, long time ago, in a solar system far from earth, lived a captain called Derik…

Hi, I'm captain of the Falcon, a simple battle ship. Oh, by the way, my name is Derik. Not much for a crew - a copilot I call Co, a gunner, that’s it.

Chapter 1: A Fight and Problems

"Co...Tell the gunner to shoot a round of 1's off the left flank."
"Roger, captain."
“No!”
“What?”
“My power drive just crashed, and Goldleader wants us to come in.”
“Now what, captain?”
“Don't know.
BANG!
“Have we been hit, gunner?"
“Yes, sir”
BANG!
"There, they've hit us again, captain!"
“We're going to have to make a run for it, Co..Start the engine.”
Vvvvvvvvtttttttddddbrrr!
“Full speed ahead!”
Pcheoopoo!
“Whoa! We just made it! Where is Gunner?
Uhooo….
“Hurry, Co!
“Water, some water!!!
“Co, head the ship towards the nearest hospital.”
“Roger.”


“Is he going to be all right, Doc?”
“I don’t know.”
“Ahhu Ahhu…”
“Gunner?”
“I think he's pulling through, captain!”
“Hey, wha…?”
“No, you mustn’t talk Gunner. I’m very shocked that you are still living.
Buzzz, “Hello?”
“Co, it’s Goldleader.”
“Hey, Derik, what’s the matter? You should have been in two hours ago.”
“We’ve had an accident, sir. Gunner got shot two times by some 3’s.”
“OK, take your time, then. Just be back before tomorrow.”
“Thanks, Goldleader, this will always be in my memory, and hopefully I can repay you someday. Bye.”
“Thanks, Derek. Bye”

To be continued….

I know my sound effects aren’t very good, but it’s hard to know how to write coughs, groans, and engine noises. Got to go.

Sincerely,
Chris

1 comment:

Myrna said...

I like your story by the way wat do you want for christmas :>:}:)

johnny (the great)